Openclipart to make coloring-books
This Openclipart-TO is to help you make better a coloring book like Openclipart Coloring Books. Below are the steps to go through in making a coloring book. Some steps are illustrated in vectorshots, aka vector-screenshots. Have fun!
- What is your coloring book topic?
- The goal of a coloring book is to provide some simple system to encourage a person, usually a child, to color in a drawing.
- Have fun!
- Teach kids about how to draw and create.
- What is your coloring books theme?
- How many pages long is your coloring book?
- Who is the audience for your coloring book?
- What is the best tool to use to make your coloring book?
- How many pages will be in your coloring book?
I created the first Openclipart Coloring Book, Coloring the Alphabets. The details explained here get you started. Please contact me if you have more questions @pianoBrad
- We will use the first Openclipart Coloring Book which has 28 Pages in this example.
- I used Inkscape to create the front and back covers. Then I used Apple Preview to join the PDF files together in one document.
- First, create a cover using Inkscape. Here is the cover I created for the first coloring book:
- You may create all new pages as individual clipart uploaded to Openclipart, or find your own. For the first coloring book, I found artist Mazeo's images of the alphabet and made a collection.
- Save each clipart from your coloring book to your disk.
- Open each clipart into Inkscape.
- Save each clipart as a PDF file.
- If you are using an Apple Mac computer like I am, you may use the Apple Preview App to join all the PDF together into one file.
- Print out your PDF to see how it looks.
- Compare your coloring book, with the first Openclipart Coloring Book to see if you should make any changes to your design, or improve upon the one I made.
- Share your Coloring Book with the world!
- Let us know how the process went for you and feel free to share your file!
- First try to write down your ideas onto a piece of paper.
- Try to use free tools like Inkscape.
- Remember the age of your intended artists.
- Look around at what clipart already exists. Maybe you don't need to create every single page for your coloring book?
- Print out your coloring book and try it. This is great if you have children around you already.